Sunday, July 19, 2015


Day Seven:

We stayed at Koa, I was a happy camper because I finally took a real shower and I used a flushing toilet. when Monet, Ibeth and I were setting up camp the boys camped in with us so now it is 5 people in Monet tent. When the sun came down and the moon was high up on the sky everyone went in their tents except Chrissy and I, she showed me the grass dance and the meaning of the amount of feathers on a women's head, I learned that two feathers on the head means they are married and I learned that "mish' means what. Chrissy also taught me some storied the one I really enjoyed was the one about the Earth, the Sun, and the Moon fighting for the Creators attention and so he just set jobs for each. it was really nice, it was getting to dark and too scary so we decided to call it a night. We started heading to Wellpinit and it got so hot that we just decided to set up camp and eat a sandwich so that we could head to Turtle Lake, once we got to the lake the first one to dive in the river surprisingly was Alden the quiet, shy one of the group and after him everyone started to dive. When I threw myself in all I felt was this cold sensation over come my head but it felt very good. all the kids from the White Swan High School taught me about the war call, everyone was doing their war call and my mind just blew away it was so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment